The Florida Keys (Monroe County)
Q1: Is an outbreak starting?
If the rate of new cases is growing (above 0%) that is not good (exponential growth bad).
Growth/Shrinking of Rate of New Cases *
* Rate of new cases is weekly, but change % is quoted in terms of daily growth/shrinking.
Q2: How dangerous is it now?
The following numbers evaluate “danger #2” in this split of covid danger.
For context, about one death per week is the rate of pneumonia/flu deaths in the Keys (based on Florida rates).
Covid deaths * per week:
See a historical perspective for a broad context.
* What is counted as a death from COVID-19?
New cases per week:
New cases per day:
New deaths per week:
New deaths per day:
Population = 74,228
Tuberculosis (TB) in the Keys:
- 4 latent TB cases in 2018
- 2.4 latent TB cases a year on average from 2014-2018
- ~10% of latent TB cases move to (contagious) active TB